Brains are funny things. I have a lot of electrical activity going on at the moments of falling asleep and waking up. Many mornings when I wake up, I have a sudden surge of energy and feel like leaping out of bed and immediately starting on some specific activity. Sometimes, I feel like jogging, taking the goats on a walk, or throwing a load of laundry in the washer and cleaning and organizing the messy house or yard. I have specific images of what I am going to do and feel a surge of energy equal to the task. This morning I felt the impulse to go on a bike ride. I visualized myself throwing on some clothes, putting on my helmet and quickly taking off on my bike down the road. Then I remembered that I didn't know where my helmet was and my brakes don't work.
Oh, well! While, I felt a little disappointed, I never (really, never) act on these impulses. After about a minute, the feeling is gone and I really just feel like staying in bed.
One of these days, I'll have to try getting up when my brain wakes up and see what I can accomplish!
Taking the goats for a walk sounds like a good time! I hope someday to act on those impulses too!
ReplyDelete